Your new favorite ritual has arrived and it’s in the form of a multivitamin.
I’m not gonna lie, I’ve always just taken the Equate Women’s Multivitamin for as long as I can remember and called it a day. I knew a vitamin should have been in my routine, but I never really noticed a difference after I took them.
Ritual changed that.
For the past two weeks, I’ve been testing out Ritual Essential for Women and let me just say if you are anything like me and struggle for energy throughout the day, I’ve found your new remedy…orrrr umm ritual in this case. My day job consists of me visiting with a lot of employers in my community all day every day so, having a healthy way to sustain energy is very important to me. I noticed the difference in my energy level the first day I started Ritual, I didn’t even know that was possible on the first day. I’m usually a morning cup of joe and a venti deep by 3 o’clock and looking for another pick me up. Now, I barely finish my first cup and am still good to go for the rest of the day.
It’s also good for improving mood, protecting skin and fighting aging. What more could a girl want?
Ritual includes Magnesium, Folate, Omega-3s and Iron which support nerve function, brain health, cognition, and mood. I’m generally a pretty happy and calm person so I haven’t seen too much of a difference here. I have noticed that when stuff hits the fan, I’m not as anxious as I used to be in figuring it out. Maybe this is the vitamin? Maybe it comes with age? Who knows. Will keep ya’ll updated, I’m still only on week two.
As far as skin goes, Vitamin E is basically a healthy skin powerhouse for controlling hormones, generating new cells, and fighting aging. Unfortunately, my skin is actually doing this weird thing where it wanted to wait until my mid-twenties before hitting puberty so I haven’t seen a difference in this aspect yet but fingers crossed that I’ll have some type of a break through soon.
Ritual was basically created as a ‘no BS’ vitamin for da ladies, by da ladies.
My favorite part is that all ingredients are traceable, vegan, and manufactured in the U S of A.
Everything you need, Nothing you don’t…
Apparently, the basic multi vitamin on the market has an excess of what American women already get tons of from their diets. 99% of us get loads of Vitamin A, B, C, and Calcium which means hardly any of us are deficient. But, if that’s the case, then why do most brands have the highest percentages of these vitamins in their product?
Ever notice when you take a multi vitamin your urine is a brighter color? No, you’re not dehydrated. That’s the excess of vitamins your body didn’t need. If you look at the label on your brand of vitamins, it’ll show the percentage of daily value you are intaking. These vitamins can show from anywhere to 50-650% of your daily value depending on what brand you’re taking. Who needs 650% of Vitamin C???
Less is More
Most of this information is found here, but here is a rundown of the 9 basic ingredients women need most in a multi that are present in Ritual vitamins:
- Vitamin K2 (90 mcg) for Healthy Skin, Bone Health, and Heart Health
- Sourced from Oslo, Norway
- Very rare in the Western diet but plays an essential role in our health.
- Vitamin D3 (2000 IU) for Healthy Bones, Immune Support, and Cognition
- Sourced from the United Kingdom
- Also known as cholecalciferol, vitamin D3 is important for the absorption and functioning of calcium in the body
- Vitamin B12 (8mcg) for Brain Function, Nerve Function, and Energy
- Sourced from Connecticut, USA
- Most commonly known as the energy vitamin, 15% of Americans don’t get enough B12
- Mainly found in animal products
- Boron (1mg) for Bone Health, Joint Health, and Hormone Support
- Sourced from Illinois, USA
- Responsible for the normal growth and health of the body
- Iron (8mg) for Brain Health, Energy and Blood Building
- Sourced from Utah, USA
- Helps shuttle oxygen throughout your body and works best with calcium to maximize absorption
- Vitamin E (10 IU) for Antioxidant Actions, Skin, and Anti-Aging
- Fights free radicals, thickens hair, repairs damaged skin, balances hormones, and helps PMS symptoms
- Magnesium (50 mg) for Calmness, Heart Health, and Bone Support
- Pisa, Italy
- Magnesium balances calcium levels in all cells in order to operate enzymes, receptors, and cell machinery
- Helps prevent osteoporosis, prevents migraines, and relieves muscle aches and spasms
- Folate (600 mcg) for Mood, DNA synthesis, and Brain Health
- Pisticci, Italy
- Also great for colon health and sperm viability
- Omega-3 (320 mg) for Immune Support, Heart Health, and Brain Health
- South Carolina, USA
- Ritual uses a vegan algal oil instead of fish oil that leaves no environmental contamination
- Also helps with depression, ADHD, and rheumatoid arthritis
You can check out how these vitamins work together as helper nutrients at the link above from the Ritual website. If you’d like to start your new Ritual today, you can click here to start your subscription. It’s $30 for the month but so worth the $10 a day I’m spending on coffee.
If you decide to start a new Ritual, let me know what you think in the comments below. You’re gonna love it!
Disclaimer: If you try out Ritual vitamins using any of the links provided here, I’ll make a small affiliate income for referring. However, I only refer products I love.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]