Have you ever felt like you were capable of more than what you were achieving? Like you are just moseying through life with no idea of what you are really supposed be doing or that you feel like you are capable of doing so much more.
It’s like you have this feeling deep down to your core that you have so much more potential for this life, but you haven’t found your purpose or are starting to negate the voices in your head reminding you of all your childhood dreams. It almost feels like you’re starting to accept a life you are given than going out and making a life you love.
It’s like you’re……Lost in the Sauce.
Being Lost in the Sauce is the feeling of existing and not living. Existing in my opinion, is living in resistance against your own self-worth. To live is to live a life you love. Living life is synonymous with living a life on purpose, contrary to existing through life through day to day habits.
Being Lost in the Sauce can also mean that you have no idea what is actually going on in your life. You are going through the motions. This can be two things:
- You’re either caught up in things that don’t actually matter or make a difference (like who did what on facebook…or who wore what to who’s party and is now dating blank, how many likes or followers you have….which, lol. I get it, priorities right? ?, anyway this includes a myriad of tons of other things people spend their time doing that means absolutely nothing.) or
- You’re not connecting with who you are, what you actually want in life and going for it..
- Or a combination of both. The first two could even be symbiotic of each other
Being Lost in the Sauce is comparable to the feeling of your ability to accomplish more but maybe just don’t know how: how to start, how to pick an idea, how would my family and friends think of me for doing this, how can I do this, etc..
When you’re lost in the sauce there are two things that I believe we can do:
- Ignore the voice in our heads (and hearts) and do what’s realistic-like work a job we are “satisfied” with for the rest of our lives without unlocking our true potential… It’s safe after all….. orrrrr
- Pursue it. Do things that make you happy. This life isn’t forever.
I’m a huge believer that your heart will never lie to you but if you tell it that something isn’t possible for so long, your mind will convince your heart to believe that lie and you will begin to settle for something you aren’t 100% filled with joy and purpose about.
However, pursuing something that seems impossible is scary. For one, it’s scary to even put yourself out there. What are people going to think or say? How will people think of me? What if I fail? Blah blah, so on and so forth. That’s your ego trying to bring you back down to “reality” because your ego hates change. Don’t listen to your ego. Don’t listen to other people. Even your family and friends may try to talk against it. In that instance, thank them for their opinion and “just keep swimming”. Like I’ve said in a previous post, no one knows your vision like you know your vision.
It’s easy. If we listen to the naysayers and let them get into our minds and tap into our potential, we’ll end up living average lives. If we do what we think is impossible, and keep on keepin’ on, we will live a fulfilled life.
I’m also a firm believer that God places something different inside each and every one of us. Multiple “things”. And for each person, it’s different. We just have to listen and let go and know that the Lord will provide. Regardless, the road is going to be hard and it’s going to take lots of time and effort either route you go, the difference is one road actually leads to where we “want” to go.
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we our spirits are being renewed day by day.” 2 Corinthians 4:16
Thanks for reading, if you have thoughts please leave them in comments below. If there isn’t a comment section….I’m working on it. Still not an expert at this whole “technical” thing.